Ms Özlem Azak-Demirdag LL.M. has been admitted as a lawyer in Cologne and Istanbul. The focus of her legal work is on commercial law and immigration law. In particular, she has specialised in German-Turkish legal transactions and can advise companies as well as individuals in all areas of Turkish law.
- Studied Law at Ruhr Universität Bochum
- Completed her First State Examination at the Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf
- Traineeship in Dortmund, within the district of the Higher Regional Court Hamm
- Completed her Second State Examination at the State Law Examinations Authority in Düsseldorf
- Mercator Scholar
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in German, Turkish and International Commercial Law, dual degree (Ruhr Universität Bochum / Istanbul Kültür University)
- Successfully completed a specialist training course in commercial and company law
- Turkish Bar Examination at the University of Istanbul
- Employed as a lawyer at an international commercial law firm in Istanbul
Contact Point Turkish Desk
At our firm, Ms Özlem Azak-Demirdag LL.M is responsible for the area of Turkish law. She represents both domestic and international Schlun & Elseven clients in Aachen, Cologne & Düsseldorf, and advises them on all legal issues. She is entitled to practise law in both Germany and Turkey.
As a native speaker of both German and Turkish, Ms Azak-Demirdag spent most of her professional life working in different internationally oriented law firms in Istanbul. She can therefore advise clients in Turkish, German and English without any language barriers.
In addition to having sat legal state examinations in Germany and Turkey, Ms Azak-Demirdag has obtained a dual degree in German, Turkish and international commercial law. To further advance her professional education, she has participated in seminars offered by the United Nations and UNICEF in New York, as well as by the World Bank and International Monetary Fund in Washington D.C. Therefore, besides her frequent advice to individuals in the areas of wills and probate, family law, and contract law, her legal expertise includes advising internationally active companies. Her focus is on company, employment and immigration law.
Together with Mr Aykut Elseven, Ms Azak-Demirdag is in charge of the Turkish Desk at Schlun & Elseven in Aachen, Cologne and Düsseldorf.