Dr. Richard Nouvertné is a freelance lawyer with Schlun & Elseven Attorneys. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Dr. Nouvertné was a member of the board of a medium-sized credit institution for 20 years. Through this work, he has gained extensive practical experience in almost all areas of banking law. As a market executive, he is familiar with the special economic needs of commercial (credit) customers, the consumer rights of private customers as well as the liability risks of the bank’s board of directors.
Dr. Richard Nouvertné is the managing director of a forest owners’ association. He is therefore familiar with the current economic and legal challenges facing forest farmers. He is also aware of the funding opportunities for forest owners through awareness of0 EU law and German law in the field. Furthermore, Dr. Nouvertné is a member of the board of a non-profit association that supports nursing homes and for many years was a member of the board of a solar power cooperative.
Fields of activity: Focus on corporate law and banking law
Dr. Richard Nouvertné advises clients in many areas of civil law, in particular corporate law and banking law. Here he is an experienced professional in areas such as: the conclusion of contracts, in particular for complex credit and security agreements and the implementation of contracts, for restructuring and insolvency as well as for questions of consumer protection. He also advises managing directors and board members on questions of delegation and organisation within companies in order to avoid personal liability and fine proceedings.
Forest law is another focus of his advisory activities.
After studying law at Saarland University and the Universities of Cologne and Bonn, he completed his doctorate at the University of Bonn with a dissertation entitled “Dienstbarkeiten und Reallasten als Sicherungsmittel” (“Easements and Charges on Land as Means of Security”). After the 2nd state examination, he first headed the legal and credit processing department of a credit institution for several years before he took over market responsibility and later board responsibility. For many years he has been an examiner for both the tax consultant exam and the auditor exam.
- “Die Zulässigkeit risikoadjustierter Zinsanpassungsklauseln in AGB”, Sparkasse 2001,422ff (“The admissibility of risk-adjusted interest adjustment clauses in general terms and conditions”);
- “Bürgersolaranlage im Kreis Heinsberg ist eine nachhaltige Geldanlage”, Betriebswirtschaftliche Blätter 2009,520ff (“Citizens Solar plant in the Heinsberg district is a sustainable investment”);
- “Sind Payerswaps adäquate Instrumente im Hypothekengeschäft?” Betriebswirtschaftliche Blätter 2009,633ff (“Are payer swaps adequate instruments in the mortgage business?”);
- “Fußangeln in der Rechtsnatur von Beratungsgesprächen”, Bank und Markt 2010,44ff (“Footsteps in the legal nature of advisory meetings”);
- “Sicherungsdienstbarkeiten bei Investitionen auf Pachtgrundstücken”, Betriebswirtschaftliche Blätter 2011,223ff (“Collateral servitudes for investments on leasehold properties”);
- “Die Sicherung schuldrechtlicher Nutzungsrechte durch Dienstbarkeiten”, BKR 2012,52ff (“Securing rights of use under the law of obligations through easements”);
- “Der Interessenausgleich zwischen Bank und Kreditnehmer bei Financial Covenants”, ZIP 2012,2139ff (“The reconciliation of interests between bank and borrower in the case of financial covenants”);
- “Die langfristige Vermietung sicherungsübereigneter Mobilien”, BKR 2013,414ff (“The long-term letting of chattels assigned by way of security”);
- “Risikoverlagerung auf Verbraucher in Banken-AGB”, BKR 2014,496ff (“Transfer of risk to consumers in general banking terms and conditions”);
- “Vertrauensschutz bei der Änderung höchstrichterlicher Rechtsprechung zu Banken-AGB?” ZIP 2015,1617ff (“Protection of confidence in the amendment of supreme court rulings on banking terms and conditions?”);
- “Die leichtfertige Unterlassung von Geldwäscheverdachtsanzeigen beim Onlinebanking”, WM 2017,1544ff (“The frivolous omission of reports of suspected money laundering in online banking”).