Visa for Entering Germany

German Immigration Lawyers

Visa for Entering Germany

German Immigration Lawyers

Germany continues to enjoy great popularity as a travel destination and business location – both among private individuals and international companies. However, there are numerous requirements for entry – depending on the nationality of the person entering the country. For example, foreigners who are not citizens of the European Union, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland require a visa to enter Germany. This is issued by the German embassy or a consulate in the foreigner’s home country.

The German law firm Schlun & Elseven offers comprehensive legal assistance in immigration law to private individuals as well as companies. Our lawyers will be happy to take care of the entire visa application process for you or your employees and clarify all outstanding issues with the relevant authorities so that you can concentrate fully on your core business.

You are here: Home » German Immigration Lawyer for Private & Business Clients » German Visa Lawyers

Google Rating | Based on 419 reviews

Our Services

Representation in the application process
  • Comprehensive advice on German visa law

  • Obtaining all necessary documents

  • Application for your visa

  • Clarification of all open questions with the responsible foreigners authority

Information on
  • Your rights and obligations
  • Options for action

  • Analysis of prospects of success

  • Costs
Services in context

Short-Term German Visas

While EU citizens enjoy Freedom of Movement within the EU, the entry, and the stay, of a third-country citizen is more difficult. A Schengen visa can be issued for a short-term stay of a maximum of 90 days within a period of 180 days. The Schengen Visa is adaptable and can be issued for reasons ranging from a visit to a relative living in Germany to business trips or tourism purposes. Some countries (outlined in our articles) do not need Schengen or Business Visas for short-term stays in Germany. There is an agreement between the 26 Schengen countries and some third countries, which guarantees freedom of travel within these countries.

There is also the possibility of a working holiday visa. This is issued for a stay of three months but can also cover a longer-term stay of up to six months. With this type of visa, third-country nationals are also entitled to take a short-term stay in Germany. However, the working holiday visa can only be issued to those citizens whose home country has a working holiday program with Germany. A bilateral agreement is required.

Long-Term German Visas

A long-term stay in Germany is one for more than 90 days. The EU Blue Card, for example, is a German visa that allows its holder to reside in Germany for four years. A long-term German visa must be applied for before entry into Germany. This application is made at the responsible immigration registration office. Basically, the approval of the immigration authority in Germany, where the immigrant wants to reside in the future, is required. If the visa is to be issued for a longer-term stay, there must be a claim to a right of residence in Germany. Such a claim may be given in the case of the subsequent immigration of a family member, such as a spouse or child. A national visa is often issued based on immigration for self-employment, to seek and/or take up employment, or admission to a German university. However, all these cases are subject to various conditions. The issuance of a long-term visa, therefore, depends on the purpose of stay.

At Schlun & Elseven Rechtsanwälte, our German visa lawyers advise on all matters concerning the EU Blue Card, the ICT Card, family reunification in Germany and more. We support individuals and our corporate clients with their application for German visas and in disputes on visa issues. Furthermore, our lawyers support those applying for the German visa for self-employment and those seeking German residency by investment.